Sunday, April 5, 2015

Getting Better

I've almost been too superstitious to write this. A little worried that the moment I say something, we may back-track. But I suppose I'm being a little silly.

The current medication seems to be working.

We've tried something different and more affordable. And it appears to be working. Morgan's seizures are not gone, but they are decreasing in intensity and frequency. Instead of every day, we are seeing seizures every other day or every couple days. And they are shorter. I've been watching her. She is doing things that we haven't seen in a while. She is actively reaching for toys, discovering things and doing things we haven't seen her do since the infantile spasms started. And she is making eye contact... And she is smiling... And we hear the glorious, rare sound of her laughter. While getting her dressed in the morning, she makes eye contact with me and smiles. And every part of me lights up with joy. "Well hello there Gorgeous."


It's so strange. I've been living in this ultra-alert state for a while and it seems that I've not been able to "throttle down," so to speak. It wasn't until our appointment with the neurologist, until I saw a look a relief on his face, that I realize we are making good progress. And I allowed myself to relax a little. The results on her MRI were a little odd, but nothing scary. I admit I cried when I left our appointment. This is the first time since January that Morgan has taken a turn for the better. Let's hope it continues on this path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment