Thursday, March 12, 2015

Adventures In Getting Dressed

Kyle is my never ending source of entertainment. Now that he is dressing himself, there is always some surprise for me during the day. He got dressed one morning and we left to run errands for a few hours. When we got home he dashed to use the bathroom. When I passed by, I saw he wasn't wearing any underwear. "Where's your underwear little man?" He said, "No underwear today!" He had been going commando the whole time. The next day I laid out jeans for him and he must not have liked what I picked out because when he appeared, he was wearing something else. When I finally went into his room, every single pair of pants he owned was sprawled out across the floor, dresser and bed. He had tried on each one until he found something he liked. Sometimes, he will change what he's wearing in the middle of the day.

And then there are the Superman pajamas. I have a firm and fast rule that he is NOT allowed to wear this out of the house. It's a good thing to, because the moment we are home, he puts them on over his clothes. He wears them all the time, not matter what. He objects to the frequent washings and is on my case till they come out of the drier. He soars around the house making sounds of battle while fighting off the bad guys.

The other day, when Morgan was having a seizure, he asked what was wrong with Morgan. "She's having a seizure baby." He thinks about this for a moment and says, "Maybe Superman could help. He's not a doctor, but he's a superhero!" "That would be nice if he could." He kisses Morgan on the check and runs off to fight more bad guys.

If I insist on him wearing something of my choosing, and he doesn't want to, it can be quite the standoff.


Today, Kyle came out wearing shorts, sweatshirt, and the Superman pajama top over the sweatshirt. I wonder what he will decide to wear in a few hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment