Thursday, April 7, 2016

Two Years Old!

Morgan is now two!

Only two years. How is it possible that it has only been two years since Morgan's birth? That she is now two years old? That, somehow 15 years worth of worry and stress got crammed into two years? I have to laugh. So many people say to me that it goes by really fast. And in most cases, they are absolutely right. Kyle's 2nd birthday came and went in a flash and now I'm looking at a little boy who will be six this year. Amazing. But with Morgan, I don't think time went by quite as quickly, and at certain points in this journey, took a few years to get through some of the hard stuff which took a few days in real time.

And now, somehow we are here. In a pretty good place I think, and truly grateful to be able to celebrate this birthday.

Morgan is doing some amazing things. She's trying to communicate, she's trying to sit up on her own and crawl. She's reaching for people and things that she wants and she has discovered the joy of splashing in the tub, getting me soaked in process. Her vision continues to improve as does her strength. Her progress is slow, but little by little, she shows us what she's made of (pretty strong stuff if you ask me).

We've accomplished a lot this year, learning new things all the time. I have to shout out a big Thank You to her team of therapists who are constantly working to figure Morgan out and give us the tools to work with her. Without them (you know who you are!) we would be lost.

Happy Birthday my Sweet Girl, my Little Ball of Worry, my Courage Incarnate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment