Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Moment of Peace As The Seizures Ease Up

We are now on day seven of no seizures!

We celebrated Morgan's birthday yesterday with Danny and I's family. It wasn't as big of a party as I would have liked but it was absolutely wonderful. I would have invited every person we knew to celebrate. As it was, I got her doctor's clearance before having both our families come over. We have been living a little bit of an isolated lifestyle due to all of Morgan's health issues. Her immune system was compromised by the drug we were giving her when we first started treating the infantile spasms and the doctor said it would take a few months to bounce back. And thanks to her first cold last week, we now know that it is indeed, starting to bounce back. What took Kyle and I three days to fight off took Morgan six. But she did it.

And now, looking at her party decorations still hanging up in the dining room, I feel as if I've won a war. I'm tired and wary from battle after battle. Still a little afraid to let my guard down even though I'm now in friendly territory. I still feel a sadness that is reluctant to let go. That wants to stay and haunt me over everything Morgan has gone through and everything that Morgan may yet still need. Struggles yet to come. But I don't let it. I feel it creeping in and I stop it in it's tracks. And don't allow it to come any closer. This time is for celebrating. For peace.

Morgan enjoyed her party. She certainly enjoyed being the center of attention. Only toward the end, when she was beyond tired, did she seem like it was a little overwhelming. I was touched by the thought that went into her gifts. Toys that would be easy for her to play with and see (Morgan has vision issues. More on that later). A pop-up book given by her Aunt, clothes and a beautiful mat and pillow for her tummy time. Every gift was given with the desire to give Morgan things that could help her and give her the most enjoyment.


Kyle wanted to help with every part of setting up for the party. He was trying to be so helpful. And later on, he wore himself out running around with his cousins, being as wild and as loud as possible. And no seizures for Morgan. It was such a good day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment